Friday, June 26, 2009

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain....


Hadley took her first road trip to Tuttle, Oklahoma. Don't waste your time looking for it on a map, its not listed. For peace of mind, its about 30 minutes outside of Oklahoma City. Despite location, we had a blast. With 16 total hours of driving time, Hadley slept about 15 total hours. She was a dream to road trip with. Thankfully. It was such a blessing to get out of Memphis and visit with missed family members. Hadley got to see her great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and great friends. Below is a picture of Hadley being adored by her poppy. Her nanny is not pictured because she, if I had to guess, is in the kitchen preparing for the multitudes that stopped by to visit. Ahh, the joy of small towns!

Nanny, your delicious meals were very much appreciated. Thank you! I tried to add another photo of Hadley and her great cousins Drake, Alexis, and Abbey, but obviously that didn't work out. (thats what you get for stolen internet access) Trust me they are precious. Thanks to everyone for making our visit fabulous! We miss you already.

5 comments:

  1. I can just imagine how adored Hadley was - and rightly so. I'm so glad she likes roadtrips!!What a precious - especially with her poppy - that pic. is a definite keeper - even if she is showing off her Daddy's legs.-ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous. We wanted to take lanier to Chicago and I said we would go when she was 6 weeks old to meet all my family and great grandparents Needless to say she was colicy and we didnt get to go. I should have gone. When she was younger. Hope u had a great trip !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, first, come steal our internet anytime.

    second, it cracks me up (at my brother's expense) that hadley appeared in her OU clothes before she appeared in her UT clothes. that poor girl is going to have some serious identity problems :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Kacey, for this wonderful distraction from studying! Lyndi- she's ADORABLE! and growing up way too fast, time for Kacey and I to babysit again! Hope you're all doing well.
    Love little Hadley's #1 fan,
    -Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This family doesn't support OU (the state, the "university" or the athletics). Hadley had been sick all day and that's why we put the OU rag on.

    Come fall she'll be in burnt orange and white for most of the day and especially on Saturdays.

    Poor thing didn't even know what she had on. I can't believe her mother took advantage of her like that.

    The Dad

    ReplyDelete