Monday, October 5, 2009

Howdy

I pretty sure the stork that dropped Hadley off, dropped off a new baby about a week ago. She has completely changed. It hasn't been bad, just tough trying to figure her out while she is teething. Oh yeah! It doesn't help that I have been told and now see for myself, Hadley is the spitting image of Matt and I will NEVER figure him out. (love you hunny) Here's how the conversation went with Hadley's teacher Algonda and I.
Algonda: What is Hadley like at home? Is she quiet?
Me: Well no not really. She talks and laughs and plays in the morning. At night we are a little more settled because she goes to bed fairly early. Why?
Algonda: Well, we really try and play with her and try to get her to smile and she's just so serious. And when we put her on the mat to play with the other kids, she doesn't seem to like it and would rather play in her crib by herself.
Me: that would be my husbands personality

My thoughts as soon as I got to the car: OMG. I would have a child that has no desire to be social. I'm never going to have anyone to hang out with. I'm going to lose this game of child rearing if the next kid isn't like me.
Matt's thoughts when I told him later: That's what I'm talking about!
But she sure is cute!
There isn't a whole lot thats been happening. Matt's girls team is having a pretty good season. Last Friday night, they tied Henry County 1-1, with a goal from Gtown in the last few minutes.

2 comments:

  1. family pic is the cutest thing i've seen in many days. of course, i've only seen my flu-ridden family for many days, so there's not much competition. but still.

    as for the anti-social stuff...hmmm...there will always be meredith, talking enough for all of us. yall can continue having your walgreens dates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lyndi and Matt and Hadley-Love the pics, and your words!!!! I predict that Miss H will amaze and delight youse even more with lots sociability.....of, when SHE is ready!!!
    Love you guys-hoping to get to Memphis soonly.
    Gotta go find K and D in the wilds of Missouri tomorrow.
    Love you dears!! xoxo Aunt Daryl

    ReplyDelete