Sunday, January 30, 2011

God bless sunshine!

Just so everyone knows.....this is our garage, not our house.
Although the snowfall the year has beautifully coated sidewalks and rooftops, the relentlessly cold temperatures have put me in a winter depression. The Lord above heard the sincerity in the request that my nose not fall off on my walk to work. He went big time this weekend. It was 67 degrees yesterday. WOO HOO! We spent some much needed time under that big beautiful ball of vitamin D. We took Had to the zoo and let her run loose for a few hours. Have I expressed how nice it was to be outside.
The ducks are worth mentioning because they are one of the few animals Hadley can recognize and tell you the correct sound they make. Sometimes, though, the ducks ROAR! like a tiger. :)
The Hippos here remind me of myself and Matt since the beginning of January. Sitting around not doing a thing worth mentioning. Just read, eat, and watch tv. Eating is really the only reason to leave the couch when it's so dang cold.
The End! Thank you, dear sunny Saturday. I just don't think I would have made it to February without you.

5 comments:

  1. I want everyone to know the building with the red door is our garage.....not our home. Thanks,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big beautiful ball of Vitamin D? I love it! I love you, Lyndi! Glad somebody got to enjoy that sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great post!! I think all of us in this 1/2 of the country got perked up by that! Loved the pictures and the script I sure feel like one of those hippos myself.
    keddi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really did feel for ya Kate. I'm sure tending to sick family members wasn't your first choice of things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt had to edit the post to say that the barn was not our house just in case someone got confused. I don't think I would take ANY pictures if that was our house.

    ReplyDelete